Please be assured that we will process your personal data in strict compliance with the data protection laws of the EU, especially the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as we lay out in this Data Protection Notice.
IP-COM will be the data controller (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information) and can if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data is data by which you can be identified or by which you are identifiable. We will only process your personal data if a legal or contractual provision allows us to do so, if we have a legitimate interest or if you have consented prior to the processing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not intend in any way to collect personal information relating to anyone who has not reached the age of civil majority.
We may collect personal data from you and process it when you are a user of our services, products, software or mobile applications and websites, and when you request software updates, customer services and product warranty or repair (referred to collectively herein as “services”).
The services are provided within the scope of and in accordance with specific lawful requirements.
We process your personal data through our services only to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
• processing is necessary to perform a contract or deliver services.
• processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
• you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
The following is to explain each of the services in detail.
• We may process your data when you use our mobile applications and our websites, including our social media pages and online services. The data we may automatically collect from you or the devices you use may include your device ID, IP address, browser type and access time stamp. This information will be used to improve the security of our platforms and services.
• Our software or mobile applications may also keep your data configurations or system settings, and products with recording capabilities or services may keep the recordings based on your settings.
• For cloud based or internet services, we may collect your device information, your access activities and network activities.
• When you use our services, we may collect and process your data including name, email address, phone number, postal address and network information.
• For services incorporating access control we may collect your name, email address, phone number and postal address in order to create your login credentials.
If you subscribe to our newsletters or other marketing information, we may collect your name, email address and postal address for communication.
When we grant a license or usage rights to you, or you register your product for extended warranty or software update services, we may use your name, email address, phone number and postal address for verification of your identity to provide you with the products and services you are entitled to.
If you have given us your consent to receive newsletters or other marketing communications, we may use your data to send you marketing information including promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by us or our trusted partners that we may deem of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from any of our lists.
2. We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons.
3. Placing cookies on your computer means we can show you content that you might be interested in and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective our campaigns have been, even after you have left our website.
4. We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume settings, etc.). If we don’t use them, you may not be able to watch some video content. Our videos are mainly broadcasted in YouTube, Vimeo and 3rd party video sharing applications which are embedded on our website.
You can turn cookies off in your web browser settings. If you do this, you may not be able to use all our services because without cookies we are unable to remember your preferences.
Unless you have specifically requested to be removed from our databases, your data will be retained for a maximum period of two years from the date of your last interaction with us. We may continue to store your data according to local laws and regulations, and we shall utilize physical, technical and organizational controls to keep your data secured.
As a data subject your rights are the following:
• The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data.
• The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data.
• The right to demand the erasure of personal data and, in case the personal data have been made public, the information towards other controllers about the request of erasure.
• The right to demand the restriction of the data processing.
• The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller.
• The right to object the data processing in order to stop it.
• The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before the withdrawal.
• The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be an infringement of the GDPR.
In all these cases please contact our GDPR officer centre by email address email@example.com
Finally, in particular in the European Union Member State of your habitual residence or place of the alleged infringement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a local data protection supervisory authority.
It may from time to time be necessary to update this Privacy and Data Protection Statement. We therefore reserve the right to change its contents at any time. We will publish the updated version of the Privacy and Data Protection Statement on our website. If these changes are significant, we will email you with these new details. If we are required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.